ComUE LR-Universités, working closely with the Académie's Continuous Professional Development in Higher Education Adviser, participates in the coordination of the Montpellier Académie's Higher Education Continuous Professional Development Services Network. ComUE LR-Universités serves its members by facilitating joint communication initiatives on continuous professional development.
The network covers the whole Montpellier Académie area and involves five members of ComUE LR-Universités: the University of Montpellier, Paul Valéry-Montpellier 3 University, the University of Nîmes, the University of Perpignan, Montpellier SupAgro and the Montpellier Higher Institute of Chemistry.
The missions of the inclusion unit in the area of continuous professional development are as follows:
- To encourage the pursuit of a concerted regional continuous professional development policy.
- To support skill development among employees and jobseekers.
- To lead the continuous professional development services coordination network of its member establishments, associates and partners in order to share best practices and assist the development and promotion of the training offering.
- To promote the professional and vocational training offering through concerted communication initiatives (joint website, communication plan, joint communications on fairs, joint marketing of continuous professional development by the partners, etc.).
- To create a shared digital workspace to animate the network.
The role of ComUE's workplace inclusion/continuous professional development unit is to encourage the pursuit of a concerted regional continuous professional development policy by supporting the evolution of the professional and vocational training offered to reflect economic realities in the region and by developing a project engineering process based on a strong partnership between the Region and its higher education establishments.
Continuous professional development activities in the eastern Occitanie region:
A network of partner Universities and Engineering Schools throughout the eastern part of the Occitanie region: UM, UM3, UPVD, UNîmes, SupAgro and ENSCM. The main areas of activity in eastern Occitanie are:
Health and cosmetics,
Science, agriculture and agrifoods,
Energy and the environment,
Law, economics and management,
Human, social and physical sciences,
Construction and property.
Access the ability to study at university by taking a DAEU or law access course anywhere in France. The higher education establishments in eastern Occitanie offer:
Around 1,000 courses (DN, DU, short courses)
In 2016-2017: 4,000 trainees trained by the different partners in the Académie
300 experience validation actions (total or partial)
A contract with the Occitanie Region for professional and vocational training to meet the recruitment needs of the region's employers.
Address: Continuous Professional Development - ComUE Languedoc-Roussillon Universités, 8 rue de l'École Normale - 34090 Montpellier