ComUE provides support for international initiatives; the participation of its members in these initiatives develops synergies that can be harnessed for the long-term, structuring collaborations in line with the policies of each institution.
It hosts the "Réseau Averroès" network, which strengthens its members’ positions in the Mediterranean by raising the international profile of their projects involving partners on both sides of the Mediterranean. This initiative continues the dynamic of the Erasmus-Mundus ‘Averroès’ mobility programme (now at an end), in which all the ComUE institutions were participants, but in new and different forms.
The Averroès Network proposes the idea of grouping together higher education establishments, research institutions, and other public and private bodies concerned with the same issues, on both sides of the Mediterranean.
It plans to develop a Euro-Mediterranean area of higher education, research and innovation, and relationships between the academic and socioeconomic worlds in a climate of trust and mutual respect, allowing knowledge to be shared, and facilitating mobility in this area.
The Averroès Network is based on previous cooperation experiences between higher education institutions in the Maghreb, the Mashriq and Europe, especially under the ‘Averroès’ Erasmus‑Mundus programme and other EU programmes. The association plans to continue in an innovative way the dynamic set up by these collaborations and to encourage all forms of partnership between its members on topics, experiences and calls for proposals of common interest.
In particular, the partners in the Averroès Network propose to:
- facilitate through their partnership the development of European projects and responses to international calls for proposals;
- set up initiatives for training, research and the exchange of scientific, educational and administrative best practices;
- encourage the mobility of students and staff among network members;
- set up and promote a network of former students of network members;
- collaborate in large-scale science events on themes of common interest for network members;
- exchange experiences and projects with other Euro-Mediterranean associations, etc.
Apart from these practical examples of partnership in action, the Averroès Network has a broader ambition to play a part in the spread of knowledge of the Euro-Mediterranean area, and its capabilities and expertise to the general public, in order to consolidate the shared culture and values established over time in the Euro-Mediterranean area, and to reflect on initiatives to confront the current and future challenges faced by the countries and peoples in this area, which is historically-charged with significance.
- President: Ms Anne-Marie Motard
- ComUE LR Universités and Paul-Valéry-Montpellier 3 University
- Mr Twefik Bengabrit - University of Tlemcen
- Mr Rafael Velez - University of Cadiz
- Ms Fatiha Zerdahoui - Algiers 2 University
- General Secretary: Mr Hubert Peres - University of Montpellier
- Deputy General Secretary: Mr Djamel Edine Kati - University of Bejaia
- Treasurer: Mr Christophe Rémond - Paul Valéry-Montpellier 3 University
- University of Montpellier
- Paul Valéry-Montpellier 3 University
- University of Nîmes
- University of Cadiz
- Larbi Ben Mhidi de Oum el Bouaghi University
- Salah Boubnider Constantine 3 University
- Algiers 2 University
- Abderrahmane Mira de Béjaïa University
- University of Tlemcen
Postal address: Association Réseau Averroès - ComUE Languedoc-Roussillon Universités - 8 rue de l'école Normale - CS 78290 - 34197 MONTPELLIER cedex 5, France